Thursday, June 11, 2009

Nicole Pinkerton


Artists Statement by Nicole Pinkerton

Color has always inspired me; color can communicate an emotion immediately and for reasons that are oftentimes strictly instinctual. Through my work, I hope to inspire feelings of nostalgia, joy, innocence, and intrigue.

I use acrylic paint because it dries quickly. This allows me to change my mind, over and over, without terrible repercussions. Such a flippant attitude does not always benefit me in the real world, but on canvas, it makes the outcome richer. I've been using a screw to sketch the first outlines of my figures into wet paint, and then later after sheets of color have been added, I use it to etch back into the hidden layers.

In 2004, I graduated from the Savannah College of Art and Design with a BFA in Illustration. I hope to illustrate children's books in the near future.



No comments: